Friday 10 June 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 PC demo

Are you're feeling overwhelmed by all the video game news spilling out of E3, perhaps you need to take a break and actually play a video game. Say, a demo for the PC edition of Obsidian's dungeon-crawling action-RPG Dungeon Siege III.

This dungeon is now besieged
As Dungeon Siege III is a Steamworks game on PC, you'll need to hit up Steam to download the demo. It's a 1.5GB download.

The Xbox 360 demo hit last week, but who can possibly grumble about a demo arriving before the game actually launches? What a novelty in this day and age. And for PC too, no less!

There's no word on the PlayStation 3 demo yet, which has doubtless been thrown off by the kerfuffle with the PlayStation Network. With PSN now back up and running, hopefully we can expect it soon.

It felt strange, but I can get over the controls if the game is good. Unfortunately the demo was very linear, too linear perhaps. I'll see how the reviews go and decide then.
What surprised me here was reading that DS2 was shit. I personally loved it, for me it's a great game. DS1 on the other hand, I tried to finish it 4 times, failed all of them. Granted, I managed to get farther and farther on each attempt but what always killed it was the fat that it was very boring to play, too boring to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment